IHU Department of Economics aims to produce graduates who have a strong grasp of basic economic theories and concepts, who are capable of using them to analyze specific problems in a competent and original way, and who understand the global economy, including especially Turkey and its surrounding countries. To this end, the Economics Department aims to train “privileged” students in small classes through a special mentoring system and unique methods of instruction. Such active learning processes will enable our students to develop analytical capabilities at an early stage. Successful graduation will mean starting their careers one step ahead of their peers and competitors. The Department’s biggest asset is its experienced faculty, many of whom have completed their PhDs in some of the world’s leading institutions.
Aims of the department
- To provide an Economics program that is open to all research perspectives and alternative approaches.
- To train graduates who can effectively apply the concepts and theories of economics to today’s problems and bring solutions to these issues.
- Conducting research that develops concrete recommendations for local and global economies and contributes to economic progress.
- To increase institutionalization and recognition by developing national and international collaborations.
- To share academic knowledge and experience with society through research centers.